Created in response to the accounting scandals that occurred at major corporations in 2001 and 2002, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act requires that publicly traded companies ensure their internal business processes are properly monitored and managed.
Ducara provides managed security services for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Ducara SOX approach applies a top-down risk-based methodology that helps clients focus on the right risks and maximize efficiencies. We provide a full range of SOX advisory services, which address your business and compliance needs:
- End-to-end SOX project management
- Conduct risk assessment (as required under AS-5)
- Assist corporates to document and evaluate internal controls
- Document “as-is” processes throughout the organization, assess gaps in controls, and determine appropriate steps to remediate control gaps
- Perform key controls testing
- Identify Best Practices that can be integrated across the organization
- Assist in developing an internal control framework
- Assist in developing a risk management framework
- Train personnel on COSO, methods of documenting controls, etc.
- Reinforce continual improvement and analysis process
- Institutionalize self-assessment
Our team includes leaders with in-depth experience working with the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board while the SOX guidelines and standards were drafted. The team includes technology experts and leaders with significant first-hand experience from many SOX engagements.