Strengthening Privacy Protection with GDPR.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years - we're here to make sure you're prepared.
Why should I comply with the GDPR?
Simplify processes and applications.
Unifying all your data repositories and having a clear understanding of the type and purpose of data collection. This will help your organization easily facilitate data access and modification requests and that will lead to enhanced security.
Gain that competitive edge.
Businesses that are not afraid to take the strict measures required to safeguard their customers’ and employees’ personal information will show that they take data privacy seriously, which will also positively impact customer perception.
Bring about a cultural shift.
Realistically, you won’t be able to achieve GDPR compliance in a day. Compliance is a gradual process of improvement that will bring about a culture of ‘security by design’ within your company.
How can IT help in preparing for the GDPR?
With 99 articles to follow, complying with the GDPR is a multi-step process. Here's a checklist of information technologies that will help get you started.
- A central repository to store, view, monitor, and analyze log data from various environments.
- A real-time alert mechanism to catch suspicious activity taking place within your organization's IT environment.
- An auditing system to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and security of the log data generated by your environment.
- The means to secure assets which store personal data in your environment.
- A system to create and manage records of all data processed, along with detailed, on-demand reports.
- The ability to identify who accesses privileged accounts and sensitive information.
- Adequate security and encryption of personal information in transit.
- A mechanism for identifying, responding to, and reporting a breach when it occurs.
- A monitoring system for assets and systems that carry any form of personal information.
- A tool for regularly identifying and securing vulnerabilities that arise in your environment.
Now is the time to implement appropriate data security measures to locate, identify and protect sensitive business and personal data within your organization, enabling compliance with applicable legislation such as the EU GDPR.
Every organization is different. Our approach is to tailor the solution for you to meet GDPR with comfortable changes to your established processes.